Dragonfly Forest, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, is committed to offering overnight summer camp experience that allows children with 22q the opportunity to have fun and be kids in a safe and loving environment. They believe that everyone deserves engaging and fulfilling recreational options. Dragonfly Forest is a unique and affordable Residential Summer Camp.
Dragonfly is held at beautiful YMCA Camp Speers in the Poconos and serves children with 22q from all over the country. Campers stay in gorgeous spacious cabins with bathrooms and showers inside. Their cabin groups are roughly 10 campers and 4 staff, who also sleep in the cabins and are available to the campers through the nights. There will be medical staff on site for the entire week who will also live on camp. This is a unique and meaningful experience for children with 22q to meet and befriend other kids with 22q, to feel comfortable and understood in terms of their diagnosis, and develop a “home away from home” with kids and staff who will accept them for exactly the individuals they are.
Dragonfly offers 2 different programs for children and young adults with 22q:
Traditional Session (one week overnight session for ages 7-14)
- high and low ropes course
- campfire & smores
- rock wall
- zip line
- singing & dancing
- lake swimming
- talent show
- tie dye
- arts and crafts
Visit our website www.DragonflyForest.org to learn more!
Explorers Session (one week overnight session for ages 12-25)
Dragonfly Forest is proud of our growing session for teens called Explorers. The program is designed to help teens with autism and 22q gather skills for the transition to adulthood, while increasing their self-concept and confidence. We believe that teens deserve to have an equal chance at employment and we want to help them develop important skills for the future, such as self-advocacy.
This session is intended for teens who would benefit from practicing the following skills:
- Speaking up for themselves in order to get their needs met (self-advocacy)
- Clear communication in a team environment
- Pre-vocational and vocational skills (punctuality, accountability, taking initiative etc)
- Organization skills (Independent lists and schedules)
- Networking, applying and interviewing for new jobs
- Sustainable exercise routines
- Basic cleaning
We work in small groups, with low ratios, so that teens get a lot of personal attention. Our skill-building session retains the best parts of summer camp: good friends, lots of laughs, fun activities and an overwhelming feeling of belonging somewhere. (Dragonfly Explorers participate in programming that alternates between life skills workshops and camp recreation activities: zip line, archery, horseback riding, etc)
How much does it cost?
All of Dragonfly’s sessions have a voluntary tiered pricing model, where you can choose the cost that most fits your family’s needs. Your tier selection in no way impacts the experience your child has at camp.
Tier 1 $1850
Tier 2 $1250
Tier 3 $650
We’re here to help!
At Dragonfly Forest, we believe that all children deserve the opportunity to be part of a life-changing summer camp community. Our team works year round to raise funds so that we can offer scholarships and financial assistance to will make camp accessible for all!
There are two ways Dragonfly aims to help families pay for camp:
1. Apply for a Scholarship While filling out your child’s regular camp application, you will be prompted with 3 questions to apply for a scholarship. After submitting your application, you will upload a tax document or pay stub to your online account. Our team reviews your application, then your child is enrolled in a camp session. Shortly after, you will be informed of the scholarship we can offer.
2. Sign up for a Payment Plan This lets you break down your tuition balance over a longer period of time than 30 days. You can choose the incremental payment you can afford, and decide how often you can make payments.
If you have any questions, send us an email at email@example.com